Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

New Koala Afghan Square

Here is the new koala square!


If you'd like a different version (or - hey - if you're just really, really into koalas - no judgement here...) you can also check out my other free pattern 'Cute Koala Square', which you can find on the blog post here.  (Todays pattern is the more 'realistic' koala - 'realistic' obviously in terms of how accurately one can capture the finer details of a marsupial through the medium of knitted wool...)

For some reason Ravelry keeps taking down my 'Cute Koala' pattern, citing 'non-original artwork and/or trademarked or copyrighted characters'.  This is really rather irritating, as:

a) It is a completely original artwork/pattern, designed by me.  Unless Ravelry have also now branched into artistic criticism and are accusing me of being derivative, which seems both unlikely and also a little harsh.

b) As far as I know, the koala community has yet to advance enough to seek adequate legal representation concerning trademarking their own image.  Although to be fair I've never been to Australia, for all I know it could be full of marsupial universities, crammed with studious young koalas brushing up on the finer points of copyright law.

However, hopefully THIS pattern will escape the wrath of the Ravelry gods.  Here it is:



As always, it's free for your personal use, as long as your intentions are non-profitable and generally noble :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi how do I get this pattern I would like to knit my granddaughter a koala scarf has she is mad on koalas thank you Ginny

    ReplyDelete